Tsar-pushka is a tremendous cannon, the biggest cannon in the world. No wonder, that's its name is translated as a King of Cannons. First, it was made for the defense of the Kremlin and therefore was placed on Krasnaya Ploshad (Red Square). Nowadays Tsar-pushka is located in between Ivan the Great Belltower and the Church of the Twelve Apostles on the Ivanovskaya square, near Kremlin Armory facing the Kremlin Senate.
Tsar-pushka was cast by the master of bronze casting Andrey Chokhov in 1586 by order of Tsar Fedor Ivanovich. Its weight is nearly 40 tons and length is almost 6 meters. Bronze barrel of Tsar-pushka has a diameter of 120 cm and is decorated with casted ornaments, inscriptions, and has a figure of Tsar Fedor Ivanovich mounted on a horse with a crown and a scepter in his hand.
Nowadays the Cannon is placed on the ornamental cast-iron gun carriage. There are decorative projectiles near the cannon, each of them weight 1 tonne. They were cast in 1834 in Saint-Petersburg.
Tsar-pushka is a true masterpiece and monument of Russian gunsmithing.