A small five-domed temple and a belfry with a tent roof stand on the site where according to the legend was murdered Tsarevitch Dmitry. In the first half of the 17th century there used to be a wooden chapel.
The walls of the church are painted in bright red, the extraordinary murals are of high artistic merit. A composition presenting the history of Tsarevitch Dmitry's murder is depicted on the western wall.
In the center there is an exposition of memorabilia related to the tragic events of the 15th-17th centuries. It contains the alarm bell that announced the death of the tsarevitch.
The bell was exiled and got back only in 1892. It became the first exhibit of the antiquity museum. The grave board has survived which contained the nuts from the child's hands which he was holding at the moment of the assassination.
Excursions with Kremlin, Church on blood prince Dimitriy
Situated on the bank of the Volga River Uglich was first mentioned in chronicles in 1148. The history of the city is full of many events. One of them - the death of Crown Prince Dimitri, the heir to the throne, the circumstances of which are still a